Effective Date: 01-01-2021 Last Updated: 09-19-22
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
BBT collects personal information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
• Identifying Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
• Account Information. If you create an account with us, we may collect your account log-in or name and your password.
• Payment Information. For example, we may collect your billing address and payment information.
• Information You Post. We may collect personal information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as when you submit a customer review.
• Social Media Information. We may collect personal information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and personal information posted on your page.
• Employment Information. For example, if you apply for a job with us, we collect the personal information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your employment history. We may also collect information about your education history.
• Information You Submit. We may collect personal information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Platform. We may collect personal information that you submit when you contact our customer service team. We may also collect personal information when you enter a promotion, contest or challenge. We may also collect your signature if you submit it to us.
• Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code.
• Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect personal information about your shopping habits, or consuming history or tendencies.
• Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your browser information, device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
• Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Platform.
• Internet Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using or your browsing or search history. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect information about how you interact with an advertisement.
• Audio, Electronic and Visual Information. For example, if we interact with you via telephone, to the extent permitted by law, we may record our discussion with you. We may also record visual information when you visit our stores.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BBT collects your personal information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your personal information.
• Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase products or services through our Platform or in our stores.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes or contests.
- Complete a survey or participate in a focus group.
- Engage with the “LiveChat” feature on our website.
- Provide a product review.
- Sign up for a loyalty program.
- Submit a request to, or engage with, our customer service team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Apply for a job through our Platform.
• Passively. For example, when you:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements. These links or advertisements may not be on our Platform.
We may also collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
• From Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving personal information from:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that sell our products on their own platform.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about you, including companies that provide consumer insight services. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
• By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine personal information that we collect offline with personal information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine personal information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine personal information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your personal information include:
• To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing payments, purchases or other transactions.
• To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your personal information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your personal information to customize your experience with us.
• To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your personal information to better understand what products interest you.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion
• To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
• To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your personal information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we may use this personal information to evaluate your application.
• For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your personal information to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your personal information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
• For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform or investigating a potential fraud.
• To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
• As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
• Internally. We may share your personal information with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries.
• On our Platform. For example, we may publically display personal information you post on our social media sites or submit through our customer reviews feature. We may also display personal information you submit in connection with a promotion.
• With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
• With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion. We may also share personal information with social media sites, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers. We may also share personal information with companies that help us learn more about our customers.
• With Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your personal information with others. These third parties may use your personal information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
• With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if MCM merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer personal information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
• To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share personal information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
• For Other Reasons We May Describe to You At the Time of Collection.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 16, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at contact.us at email@example.com You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions contained in the communication.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. A username and password are needed to access certain areas of the BBT Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also write to us at the following address:
7929 Eastern Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21224
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.